CS/CS/SB 1550: Prescription Drugs
Prescription Drugs; Citing this act as the "Prescription Drug Reform Act"; specifying additional prohibited acts related to the Florida Drug and Cosmetic Act; requiring certain drug manufacturers to notify the Department of Business and Professional Regulation of reportable drug price increases on a specified form on the effective date of such increase; requiring the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Financial Services to designate an employee as the primary contact for consumer complaints involving pharmacy benefit managers; providing a grandfathering provision for certain pharmacy benefit managers operating as administrators; requiring pharmacy benefits plans and programs, beginning on a specified date, to annually submit a certain attestation to the Office of Insurance Regulation, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,127,525
Last Action: 5/4/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-29, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1552 (Ch. 2023-30)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/27/23, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/13/23, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 18 NAYS 1
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 415
• Amendment(s) adopted (392522, 438956, 633284, 704080) -SJ 415
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 430
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 431
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 207723 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (207723) -SJ 718
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 718
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-29, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1552 (Ch. 2023-30)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.