CS/CS/SB 238: Public Records/Protection from Discrimination Based on Health Care Choices
Public Records/Protection from Discrimination Based on Health Care Choices; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain information held by the Department of Legal Affairs or the Department of Health relating to complaints or investigations regarding violations of provisions protecting from discrimination based on health care choices; authorizing the disclosure of such information under certain circumstances; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/12/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-42, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 252 (Ch. 2023-43)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/04/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 14 NAYS 5
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/23
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 569
• Read 3rd time -SJ 569
• CS passed; YEAS 31 NAYS 4 -SJ 569
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 96, NAYS 19
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-42, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 252 (Ch. 2023-43)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.