CS/SB 242: Fiscal Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Garcia
Fiscal Accountability; Requiring state entities to post any documents submitted on the contract tracking system which indicate the use of state funds as remuneration under certain contracts, beginning on a specified date; deleting a provision requiring state entities to publish payments on the contract tracking system; requiring that contracts for services executed, amended, or extended beginning on a specified date require contractors to provide specified documentation to be included in the contract tracking system and posted to the contractor’s website, if applicable, etc.
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/07/23, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/16/23, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/22/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 221
• Read 3rd time -SJ 221
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-214
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.