CS/CS/SB 258: Prohibited Applications on Government-issued Devices
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Burgess
Prohibited Applications on Government-issued Devices; Requiring public employers to take certain actions relating to prohibited applications; prohibiting employees and officers of public employers from downloading or accessing prohibited applications on government-issued devices; providing exceptions; providing a deadline by which specified employees must remove, delete, or uninstall a prohibited application; requiring the Department of Management Services to compile a specified list and establish procedures for a specified waiver, etc.
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/15/23, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 03/23/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 362
• Read 3rd time -SJ 362
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 362
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-32
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.