CS/SB 286: Legal Instruments
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Powell
Legal Instruments; Requiring that a lien created by an assignment of rents be perfected against a mortgagor in addition to third parties under certain conditions; revising the types of expenses that may be paid by collected rents in foreclosure actions under certain circumstances; expanding the scope of a final judgment of foreclosure to include other liens; requiring the award of attorney fees in certain circumstances, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/08/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/21/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/08/23, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 113
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/15/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 183
• Read 3rd time -SJ 183
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 183
• Immediately certified -SJ 185
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 119, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-215
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.