CS/CS/SB 600: Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Martin
Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors; Revising requirements for the commencement of proceedings for general assignments; authorizing assignees to rely on certain orders, judgments, decrees, rules, and documents; limiting the assets a creditor or other party in interest may pursue in an action against an assignee; providing requirements for a creditor or other party in interest in certain actions against an assignee, etc.
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/21/23, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/29/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 434
• Read 3rd time -SJ 434
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/20/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Substituted for CS/HB 491
• Read 2nd time
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 112, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-219
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.