CS/SB 676: Level 2 Background Screenings
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Grall
Level 2 Background Screenings; Requiring persons with an affiliation to certain qualified entities to undergo security background investigations; authorizing the head of a qualified entity to grant a person with an affiliation an exemption from disqualification under certain circumstances; authorizing certain qualified entities to participate in the Care Provider Background Screening Clearinghouse beginning on a specified date; expanding the agencies and entities which may use the Criminal Justice Information Program; requiring the agency to make certain determinations regarding the eligibility of certain noninstructional contractors beginning on a specified date, etc. APPROPRIATION: $4,400,000
Last Action: 6/16/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-220
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/13/23, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/12/23, 11:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/23, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/23
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Read 3rd time -SJ 600
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 600
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 797383 adopted
• Amendment 947129 adopted as amended
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Amendment 955767 engrossed amendment (replaces 947129, 797383)
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (955767) -SJ 793
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 793
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-220
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.