CS/CS/SB 846: Agreements of Educational Entities with Foreign Entities
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Avila
Agreements of Educational Entities with Foreign Entities; Prohibiting state universities and state colleges from accepting grants from or participating in partnerships or agreements with a college or university based in a foreign country of concern or with a foreign principal unless specified conditions are met; providing an exception; authorizing state universities to enter into partnerships or agreements with a college or university based in a foreign country of concern or with a foreign principal if such partnerships or agreements are approved by the Board of Governors and specified requirements are met; authorizing the board to sanction and withhold performance funding from a state university for entering into an unauthorized partnership or agreement; requiring each state university and state college to annually submit specified information to the Board of Governors and the Department of Education, respectively, by a specified date, etc.
• Referred to Education Postsecondary; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Education Postsecondary, 03/07/23, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Education Postsecondary; YEAS 7 NAYS 3
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/29/23, 12:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 2
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 501
• Read 3rd time -SJ 501
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 501
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 119, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-34
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.