- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2016 Florida Statutes
(1) The department shall establish by rule biennial license fees, which shall not exceed the following:
(a) Class “B” license—security agency: $450.
(b) Class “BB” or Class “AB” license—branch office: $125.
(c) Class “MB” license—security agency manager: $75.
(d) Class “D” license—security officer: $45.
(e) Class “DS” license—security officer school or training facility: $60.
(f) Class “DI” license—security officer school or training facility instructor: $60.
(2) The department may establish by rule a fee for the replacement or revision of a license, which fee shall not exceed $30.
(3) The fees set forth in this section must be paid by check or money order or, at the discretion of the department, by electronic funds transfer at the time the application is approved, except that the applicant for a Class “D,” Class “G,” Class “M,” or Class “MB” license must pay the license fee at the time the application is made. If a license is revoked or denied or if the application is withdrawn, the license fee is nonrefundable.
(4) The initial license fee for a veteran, as defined in s. 1.01, shall be waived if he or she applies for a Class “D,” Class “DI,” or Class “MB” license within 24 months after being discharged from any branch of the United States Armed Forces. An eligible veteran must include a copy of his or her DD Form 214, as issued by the United States Department of Defense, or another acceptable form of identification as specified by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs with his or her application in order to obtain a waiver.
History.—ss. 4, 11, ch. 90-364; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 14, ch. 94-172; s. 13, ch. 2011-205; s. 9, ch. 2016-166.