- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
319.145 Autonomous vehicles.—
(1) An autonomous vehicle registered in this state must continue to meet applicable federal standards and regulations for such motor vehicle. The vehicle must:
(a) Have a system to safely alert the operator if an autonomous technology failure is detected while the autonomous technology is engaged. When an alert is given, the system must:
1. Require the operator to take control of the autonomous vehicle; or
2. If the operator does not, or is not able to, take control of the autonomous vehicle, be capable of bringing the vehicle to a complete stop.
(b) Have a means, inside the vehicle, to visually indicate when the vehicle is operating in autonomous mode.
(c) Be capable of being operated in compliance with the applicable traffic and motor vehicle laws of this state.
(2) Federal regulations promulgated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shall supersede this section when found to be in conflict with this section.
History.—s. 4, ch. 2012-111; s. 108, ch. 2012-174; s. 9, ch. 2016-181; s. 14, ch. 2016-239.