2018 Florida Statutes
943.0415 Cybercrime Office.—There is created within the Department of Law Enforcement the Cybercrime Office. The office may:
(1) Investigate violations of state law pertaining to the sexual exploitation of children which are facilitated by or connected to the use of any device capable of storing electronic data.
(2) Monitor state information technology resources and provide analysis on information technology security incidents, threats, and breaches as defined in s. 282.0041.
(3) Investigate violations of state law pertaining to information technology security incidents pursuant to s. 282.0041 and assist in incident response and recovery.
(4) Provide security awareness training and information to state agency employees concerning cybersecurity, online sexual exploitation of children, and security risks, and the responsibility of employees to comply with policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures adopted by the Agency for State Technology.
(5) Consult with the Agency for State Technology in the adoption of rules relating to the information technology security provisions in s. 282.318.
History.—s. 2, ch. 2011-132; s. 20, ch. 2014-221.