The Senate will convene on January 9, 2018, at 9:30 a.m. for the 2018 Regular Session.
Excellence in Higher Education
During the 2018 Legislative Session, the Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
- Letter from President Negron to Director Marks Regarding Progress on the EAA Reservoir (pdf) December 14, 2017 - Publication by President's Office
- Senator Brandes Files Privacy Bill December 14, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- (Spanish) 2018 Start of Session Newsletter (pdf) December 12, 2017 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- 2018 Start of Session Newsletter (pdf) December 12, 2017 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- This Week in the Florida Senate: December 4 - 8, 2017 (pdf) December 11, 2017 - Publication by Majority Office
- Permanent Expansion of Bright Futures Scholarship Heads to Senate Floor December 6, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Baxley Makes Statement Regarding the Passing of Country Music Legend Mel Tillis November 19, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Baxley
- This Week in the Florida Senate: November 13 -17, 2017 (pdf) November 17, 2017 - Publication by Majority Office