The Senate will convene at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 24, 2014, or upon the Call of the President.
Thursday, April 24, 2014 Open Calendar
8th Week of 2014 Session - 8 Days until the End of Session
9:00 — 10:45 AM
9:00 — 9:30 AM
11:00 AM — 6:00 PM
15 minutes after the Adjournment of Session—Until completion
- Meeting Notice [PDF]
Florida GI Bill Becomes Law
Governor Scott signed the Florida GI Bill, establishing Florida as the top "Welcome Home" state for the military, veterans and their families.
Protecting Vulnerable Floridians
During the 2014 Legislative Session, the Florida Senate is working to increase safeguards for Florida's children and seniors by strengthening protections against sexual offenders, enhancing accountability within assisted living facilities and improving Florida's child welfare system.
Work Plan Florida 2014
During the 2014 Legislative Session, President Gaetz and Speaker Weatherford are proposing a joint House and Senate work plan for Florida. The agenda includes ...
2014-15 Budget Proposal
The Florida Senate Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-15 invests unprecedented funding in education, $500 million in broad-based tax relief and $3.2 billion in reserves.
- Senate President Gaetz met and chatted with Senate Pages to thank them for ... April 23, 2014 - Photo by Senator Gaetz
- Senator Hukill's Bill to Promote Poetry In State Passes The Florida Legislature April 23, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Hukill
- Child Welfare Reform Legislation Moves to Senate Floor April 22, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Appropriations Committee Passes Strong Academic and Financial Accountability for Florida’s Tax Credit Scholarship Program April 22, 2014 - Press Release by President's Office
- President Gaetz joined Governor Rick Scott and other members of the Cabinet... April 22, 2014 - Photo by Senator Gaetz
- Senator Arthenia Joyner Applauds US Supreme Court Rejection Of Governor’s Drug Testing Appeal April 21, 2014 - Press Release by Minority Office
- SENATOR ARTHENIA JOYNER APPLAUDS US SUPREME COURT REJECTION OF GOVERNOR’S DRUG TESTING APPEAL April 21, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Joyner
- Senator Don Gaetz Reports: April 14, 2014 April 14, 2014 - Press Release by Senator Gaetz