The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 1, 2015, or upon the Call of the President.
Thursday, March 26, 2015 Open Calendar
4th Week of 2015 Session - 36 Days until the End of Session
9:00 — 11:00 AM
2015-16 State Budget
The Florida Senate's budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2015-16 provides unprecedented education funding and offers innovative solutions to Florida's health care challenges.
Work Plan Florida 2015
President Gardiner and Speaker Crisafulli’s joint priorities for the 2015 Legislative Session include: tax relief, developing a statewide water and natural resources policy, expanding education and employment options for people with disabilities, promoting adoptions and increasing investments and accountability in education.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities
Improving and expanding education and employment opportunities so people with disabilities can use their own unique abilities to contribute to Florida's workforce, have a pathway to economic independence, and a better quality of life.
Water and Land Conservation
The Senate Committee on Environmental Preservation and Conservation is currently taking public comment on the implementation of the Water and Land Conservation Amendment passed by Florida voters in November 2014.
- Expansion of Personal Learning Scholarship Accounts Passes Senate Appropriations Committee March 25, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Appropriations Committee Passes the Florida Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act March 25, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Legislation to Improve Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Passes Senate Appropriations Committee March 25, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Hukill Awarded Desjardins Financial Education Award March 25, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Hukill
- Statement by President Gardiner on Statewide Water and Natural Resources Policy March 24, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Democratic Leader Arthenia Joyner Redirects Amendment 1 Money Back to Amendment 1 Objectives March 23, 2015 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senate Budget Offers Innovative Health Care Solutions, Unprecedented Investment In Education March 20, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- MEMO: Senate Plan for Medicaid Sustainability March 19, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office