The 2018 Regular Session has adjourned Sine Die.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act
Senate Bill 7026 represents a comprehensive approach to addressing the issues presented by the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, including firearm and school safety, and community mental health resources.
Excellence in Higher Education
Senate Bill 4 secures the permanent expansion of the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship and includes policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
Broad-based Tax Relief for Families and Businesses
• Tax Exemptions for Hurricane Recovery
• Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday
• Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday
• Lower Business Rent Tax
The 2018-19 General Appropriations Act
The 2018-19 General Appropriations Act prioritizes investments in K-12 and higher education and sets aside $3.3 billion in total reserves.
2018 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2018 Legislative Session are available on the 2018 Bill Summaries page.
- Senator Stewart Grieves Again in Response to the Santa Fe High School Shooting May 18, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Bean Presents $400,000 Check in State Funding to ElderSource May 17, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Bean
- Senator Bean & Representative Daniels Present $250,000 in State Funding to Johnson Family YMCA May 16, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Bean
- Senator Annette Taddeo Joins Call For A Special Legislative Session To Address Education Funding And School Safety May 16, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Taddeo
- Senator Stewart Pushes Stronger Action as Orange County Considers Gun Control May 7, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces May Mobile Office Hours April 27, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley
- Senator Bean & Representative Daniels Present $250,000 in State Funding to Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office April 26, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Bean
- Senator Aaron Bean Presents $250,000 in State Funding to Safe Harbor Boys Home April 25, 2018 - Press Release by Senator Bean