The Senate will convene on Tuesday, January 12, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. for the 2016 Regular Legislative Session.
10:00 AM — 12:00 Noon
11:00 AM — 12:00 Noon
1:00 — 3:00 PM
3:30 — 5:30 PM
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities: Cradle to Career
During the 2016 Legislative Session, the Senate will champion legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
2015 - 2016 Interim Committee Meetings
The Florida Legislature's Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available on this website. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, January 12, 2016.
2015-16 State Budget
Florida’s balanced budget prioritizes education, health care, tax relief and reserves.
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Senator Negron to be Named President-Designate for the 2016-18 Legislative Term November 30, 2015 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Senator Brandes Calls For Investigation of The Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission November 23, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- Senator Clemens and Representative Narain aim to restore voting rights of disenfranchised Floridians November 20, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Clemens
- Senator Thad Altman & Representative Lori Berman propose legislation to create educational standards for deaf interpreters November 20, 2015 - Press Release by Senator Altman
- Legislation to Improve Early Steps/Early Intervention Services for Florida Children with Unique Abilities Passes First Senate Committee November 19, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Key Legislation Moves to the Senate Floor for Week 1 Vote November 19, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- November 19, 2015 - Photo by Majority Office
- Senate Advances Legislation to Expand PreK-12 and Postsecondary Education Options for Students with Unique Abilities November 18, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office