The Senate will convene on January 9, 2018, for the 2018 Regular Session.
Excellence in Higher Education
During the 2017 Legislative Session, the Senate proposed policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
2017 Bill Summaries
The 2017 Bill Summaries are reports created by committee staff that give brief explanations of legislation that passed this session in both the House and Senate. These summaries are created by committee staff and do not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces August Mobile Office Hours July 21, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley
- Senator Travis Hutson Asks for Fairness in Algebra II Grades July 20, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Hutson
- Sen. Latvala to Host Roundtable on Opioid Crisis July 19, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Latvala
- Florida Association of Counties presents FAC Legislative Leadership Award to Senator Gibson (pdf) July 18, 2017 - Publication by Senator Gibson
- Senator Mayfield Announces Date Change for Brevard Delegation Meeting July 11, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Mayfield
- President Negron Appoints Ken Kahn to the Enterprise Florida Board of Directors July 10, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Gulf County Resident Jason Shoaf Appointed to Triumph Gulf Coast Board of Directors June 30, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Denise Grimsley Announces July Mobile Office Hours June 29, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Grimsley