The Senate will convene on January 9, 2018, for the 2018 Regular Session.
Excellence in Higher Education
During the 2017 Legislative Session, the Senate proposed policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
2017 Bill Summaries
The 2017 Bill Summaries are reports created by committee staff that give brief explanations of legislation that passed this session in both the House and Senate. These summaries are created by committee staff and do not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
- Sen. Jose Javier Rodriguez Files Legislation to Address Flagler St. and SW 1st St. Construction Impacts on Businesses August 23, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Rodriguez
- Senator Book to Present $500,000 Appropriation to Combat Maternal Opioid Addiction August 22, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Book
- Senator Perry Announces Alachua Delegation Meeting August 17, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Perry
- PIP Insurance Repeal Propsed by Senator Tom Lee August 16, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Lee
- Senator Hukill to Tour Eastern Florida State College & Participate in the Great American Eclipse August 16, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Hukill
- Senator Farmer Announces Town Hall in Century Village Deerfield August 16, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- Senator Linda Stewart Gains New Committee Roles, Vice Chairperson Role for Environment August 16, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Statement by President Negron on State General Revenue Forecast August 15, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office