The Senate will convene on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, at 9:30 a.m. for the 2017 Regular Session.
Excellence in Higher Education
The Senate is proposing policy enhancements and funding investments to elevate the prominence of state universities and increase their ability to compete as national destination institutions, while preserving access and increasing affordability for Floridians.
2016 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 22, 2016. Senator Joe Negron of Stuart was elected Senate President and Senator Anitere Flores of Miami was elected President Pro Tempore.
2016-2018 Senate Rules
On November 22, 2016, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2016-2018 Legislative Term.
2016 - 2017 Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 7, 2017.
- Senate President Pro Tempore Files Legislation to Cut Cell Phone and TV Tax February 24, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- This Week in the Florida Senate: February 20 - 24, 2017 (pdf) February 24, 2017 - Publication by Majority Office
- Excellence in Higher Education Legislation Passes Final Senate Committee February 23, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- Comprehensive Gaming Legislation Passes Final Senate Committee February 23, 2017 - Press Release by President's Office
- The Florida Excellence in Higher Education Act is now available for conside... February 23, 2017 - Photo by Senator Negron
- Media Advisory: Senator Brandes to Hold Mobile Office Hours 2/27 February 23, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- Senator Brandes Files Economic Development Package February 21, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- Senator Linda Stewart Files Bill to Extend Relief to Florida Property Owners February 21, 2017 - Press Release by Senator Stewart