The Senate will convene on Friday, June 5, 2015, at 1:00 p.m., or Upon the Call of the President.
Wednesday, June 3, 2015 Open Calendar
1st Week of 2015A Session - 17 Days until the End of Session
Florida Health Insurance Affordability Exchange (FHIX)
The Florida Health Insurance Affordability Exchange (FHIX) is a fiscally responsible Florida solution to offer private health care coverage to 800,000 low income working Floridians.
2015 Bill Summaries Now Available
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2015 Legislative Session are available on the Bill Summaries Page.
Work Plan Florida 2015
President Gardiner and Speaker Crisafulli’s joint priorities for the 2015 Legislative Session include: tax relief, developing a statewide water and natural resources policy, expanding education and employment options for people with disabilities, promoting adoptions and increasing investments and accountability in education.
Pathway to Economic Independence for People with Unique Abilities
The Senate unanimously passed legislation to improve and expand education and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Water and Land Conservation
The Senate passed House Bill 7003, Environmental Resources, to establish a comprehensive, statewide policy to protect and restore Florida conservation lands and natural resources.
- Senator Soto’s Newsletter: June 2015 (pdf) June 3, 2015 - Publication by Senator Soto
- Senate Passes the Florida Health Insurance Affordability Exchange with Health Outcome Review Commission June 3, 2015 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Senate Appropriations Committee Passes FHIX, Adopts Strict Sunset Date to Protect Florida Taxpayers June 2, 2015 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Senate Health Policy Committee Passes FHIX 2.0 June 1, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- MEMO: Proposed Amendment to FHIX May 26, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- President Gardiner Announces Compromise FHIX Plan to Expand Health Care Coverage May 26, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Statement from President Gardiner Regarding AHCA's LIP Proposal May 26, 2015 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senate Republican Leaders Praise FHIX Compromise May 26, 2015 - Press Release by Majority Office