CS/HB 5509 — State Data Center System
by Appropriations Committee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; and Rep. Hooper (SB 1984 by Budget Committee)
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Budget Committee (BC)
The bill provides for the following:
- Amends the schedule for agency data center consolidations and exempts the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Department of Lottery, Systems Design and Development in the Office of Policy and Budget, state attorneys, public defenders, criminal conflict and civil regional counsel, capital collateral regional counsel, Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation, Florida Housing Finance Corporation, and the State Board of Administration from consolidation to a primary data center.
- Deletes the requirement that agencies must submit information relating to their data centers and computing facilities to the Agency for Enterprise Information Technology (AEIT).
- Deletes the requirement for the AEIT to submit a comprehensive transition plan.
- Amends the duties and responsibilities of a primary data center by requiring an inventory of contracts and agreements and requiring any resources to be requested in the Legislative Budget Request.
- Specifies that any administrative overhead costs charged must be included in a specific appropriation and any changes in rates that increase an agency charge must be approved by the Legislative Budget Commission.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2012.
Vote: Senate 40-0; House 117-0