CS/HB 7043 — Obsolete or Outdated Programs and Requirements
by Economic Affairs Committee; Government Operations Subcommittee; and Rep. Roberson (SB 2086 by Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee)
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Governmental Oversight and Accountability Committee (GO)
This bill repeals and amends portions of the Florida Statutes relating to several obsolete or outdated programs and requirements.
This bill eliminates several inactive boards or commissions including:
- The Florida State Employee Wellness Council.
- Judah P. Benjamin Memorial at Gamble Plantation Historical Site Advisory Council.
- The Small Business Regulatory Advisory Council.
- Office of the Small Business Advocate.
- Statewide Intermodal Transportation Advisory Council.
- Health Information Systems Council.
- Developmental Disabilities Compact Workgroup.
- The Florida Institute for Nuclear Detection and Security.
The bill transfers some duties relating to rulemaking oversight to the Rules Ombudsman in the Executive Office of the Governor. The bill also repeals the requirement that bicycle operators must keep at least one hand on the handlebars.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2012.
Vote: Senate 38-1; House 96-19