CS/CS/HB 801 — Emergency 911 Service
by By Finance and Tax Committee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; and Rep. Steube and others (CS/CS/SB 1042 by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs Committee; and Senator Bennett)
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Community Affairs Committee (CA)
This bill amends provisions of the Emergency Communications Number E911 Act in ch. 365, F.S., to:
- allow a 911 public safety telecommunicator to contact owners of automated external defibrillators to facilitate a coronary emergency call;
- modify membership numbers and composition of the E911 Board;
- clarify the application of the E911 fee to a customer using digital transmission link and service;
- clarify the indemnification and liability provisions related to provision of 911 or E911 service with respect to non-voice communications; and
- reflect the recent dissolution of the Florida Telecommunications Industry Association.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2012.
Vote: Senate 40-0; House 114-0