Each weight-loss provider shall:
(1) Provide to a consumer a written itemized statement of the fixed or estimated cost of the weight-loss program that is being recommended, including all additional products, services, supplements, examinations, or laboratory tests the consumer may have to purchase from the weight-loss provider as part of such program.
(2) Disclose the actual or estimated duration of the recommended weight-loss program.
(3) Provide a copy of the educational and professional experience of the weight-loss provider’s staff upon request.
(4) Provide the name, address, and qualifications of the person who has reviewed and approved the weight-loss program according to s. 468.505(1)(j).
(5) Produce and distribute to all consumers who inquire about their weight-loss program a palm-sized card with the Weight-Loss Consumer Bill of Rights printed on it.
(6) Conspicuously post the Weight-Loss Consumer Bill of Rights at the front registration desk in each weight-loss location and require every agent, representative, franchisee, or independent contractor to post such a bill of rights in a prominent place in every room in which a presentation or sale of a weight-loss program is made or in which a product or treatment is offered for sale.