As used in this part:
(1) “Rate” means the unit charge by which the measure of exposure or the amount of insurance specified in a policy of insurance or covered thereunder is multiplied to determine the premium.
(2) “Premium” means the consideration paid or to be paid to an insurer for the issuance and delivery of any binder or policy of insurance.
(3) “Rating organization” means every person, other than an authorized insurer, whether located within or outside this state, who has as his or her object or purpose the making of rates, rating plans, or rating systems. Two or more authorized insurers that act in concert for the purpose of making rates, rating plans, or rating systems, and that do not operate within the specific authorizations contained in ss. 627.311, 627.314(2), (4), and 627.351, shall be deemed to be a rating organization. No single insurer shall be deemed to be a rating organization.
(4) “Advisory organization” means every group, association, or other organization of insurers, whether located within or outside this state, which prepares policy forms or makes underwriting rules incident to but not including the making of rates, rating plans, or rating systems or which collects and furnishes to authorized insurers or rating organizations loss or expense statistics or other statistical information and data and acts in an advisory, as distinguished from a ratemaking, capacity.
(5) “Member” means an insurer who participates in or is entitled to participate in the management of a rating, advisory, or other organization.
(6) “Subscriber” means an insurer which is furnished at its request:
(a) With rates and rating manuals by a rating organization of which it is not a member; or
(b) With advisory services by an advisory organization of which it is not a member.
(7) “Willful” or “willfully” in relation to an act or omission which constitutes a violation of this part means with actual knowledge or belief that such act or omission constitutes such violation and with specific intent nevertheless to commit such act or omission.
(8) “Motor vehicle insurance” means a policy of motor vehicle insurance delivered or issued for delivery in the state by an authorized insurer:
(a) Insuring a natural person as the named insured or one or more related individuals resident of the same household, or both; and
(b) Insuring a motor vehicle of the private passenger type or station wagon type, which motor vehicle is not used as public or livery conveyance for passengers or rented to others, or insuring any other four-wheeled motor vehicle having a capacity of 1,500 pounds or less which is not used in the occupation, profession, or business of the insured, other than farming;
other than any policy issued under an automobile insurance risk apportionment plan; or other than any policy insuring more than four automobiles; or other than any policy covering garage, automobile sales agency, repair shop, service station, or public parking place operation hazards.
(9) “Insurer,” for purposes of ss. 627.091, 627.096, 627.101, 627.111, 627.141, 627.171, 627.191, 627.211, and 627.291, includes a commercial self-insurance fund as defined in s. 624.462 and a group self-insurance fund as defined in s. 624.4621.