2012 Florida Statutes
632.629 Annual license.—
(1) A fraternal benefit society may not transact business in this state unless authorized therefor under a subsisting license issued to the society by the office.
(2) A license issued or renewed under this chapter shall continue in force as long as the society is entitled thereto under this chapter and until suspended or revoked by the office or terminated at the request of the society, provided:
(a) The society pays, prior to June 1, the annual license tax provided for in s. 624.501(3); and
(b) The office is satisfied that the society has met the applicable requirements of the Florida Insurance Code.
(3) If the license is not continued by the society, the license shall expire at midnight on May 31 following failure of the society to continue it. The office shall promptly notify the society of the impending expiration of its license.
(4) The office may reinstate a license which the society has inadvertently permitted to expire, after the society has fully cured all its failures which resulted in the expiration and upon payment by the society of the fee for reinstatement in the amount provided in s. 624.501(1)(b). Otherwise, the society shall be granted another license only after filing application therefor and meeting all other requirements for an original license in this state.
(5) A duly certified copy or duplicate of such license shall be prima facie evidence that the licensee is a fraternal benefit society within the meaning of this chapter.
History.—ss. 4, 6, ch. 86-140; s. 43, ch. 88-166; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 1386, ch. 2003-261.