2012 Florida Statutes
1001.432 Inspirational message.—
(1) A district school board may adopt a policy allowing an inspirational message to be delivered by students at a student assembly. The policy must provide that:
(a) Students who are responsible for organizing any student-led portion of a student assembly shall:
1. Have sole discretion in determining whether an inspirational message is to be delivered.
2. Choose the student volunteers who will deliver an inspirational message. The student volunteers shall be solely responsible for the preparation and content of the inspirational message.
(b) School district personnel may not:
1. Participate in, or otherwise influence, the determination of whether an inspirational message is to be delivered or select the student volunteers who will deliver the inspirational message.
2. Monitor or otherwise review the content of a student volunteer’s inspirational message.
(2) The purpose of this section is to provide students with the opportunity for formal or ceremonious observance of an occasion or event.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2012-9.