(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Consumer” means a party to a participation agreement.
(b) “Personal financial and health information” means:
1. A consumer’s personal health condition, disease, injury, or medical diagnosis or treatment;
2. The existence, nature, source, or amount of a consumer’s personal income or expenses;
3. Records of or relating to a consumer’s personal financial transactions of any kind; or
4. The existence, identification, nature, or value of a consumer’s assets, liabilities, or net worth.
(2) The personal financial and health information of a consumer held by the Florida Prepaid College Board, Florida ABLE, Inc., or the Florida ABLE program, or an agent or service provider thereof, relating to an ABLE account or a participation agreement or any information that would identify a consumer is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution.
(3) The Florida Prepaid College Board or Florida ABLE, Inc., may authorize the disclosure of information made confidential and exempt under subsection (2) to another state or federal government entity if disclosure is necessary for the receiving entity to perform its duties or responsibilities or to verify the eligibility of an eligible individual or authorize the use of an ABLE account.
(4) This section is subject to the Open Government Sunset Review Act in accordance with s. 119.15 and shall stand repealed on October 2, 2020, unless reviewed and saved from repeal through reenactment by the Legislature.