There is created a Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
(1) The head of the department is the Governor and Cabinet. The executive director of the department shall be appointed by the Governor with the approval of three members of the Cabinet and subject to confirmation by the Senate. The executive director shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor and Cabinet.
(2) The following divisions, and bureaus within these divisions, of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs are established: (a) Division of Administration and Public Information.
1. Bureau of Information and Research.
(b) Division of Veterans’ Benefits and Assistance.
1. Bureau of Veteran Claims Services.
2. Bureau of Veteran Field Services.
3. Bureau of State Approving for Veterans’ Training.