(1) The department shall approve training courses and the providers of such courses as are required under this chapter. The department must also approve training courses and the providers of such courses who offer training for persons who are exempt from licensure as an asbestos contractor or asbestos consultant under s. 469.002(3).
(2) The department shall, by rule, prescribe criteria for approving training courses and course providers and may by rule modify the training required by this chapter.
(3) The department may enter into agreements with other states for the reciprocal approval of training courses or training-course providers.
(4) The department shall, by rule, establish reasonable fees in an amount not to exceed the cost of evaluation, approval, and recordmaking and recordkeeping of training courses and training-course providers.
(5) The department may impose against a training-course provider any penalty that it may impose against a licensee under this chapter or s. 455.227, may decline to approve courses, and may withdraw approval of courses proposed by a provider who has, or whose agent has, been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or entered into a stipulation or consent agreement relating to, without regard to adjudication, any crime or administrative violation in any jurisdiction which involves fraud, deceit, or false or fraudulent representations made in the course of seeking approval of or providing training courses.