(1) The department may deny an application for a permit, suspend or revoke a permit issued to any person or public body, or impose an administrative fine upon the failure of such person or public body to comply with the provisions of this chapter or the rules adopted hereunder.
(2) The department may impose an administrative fine, which shall not exceed $500 for each violation, for the violation of this chapter or the rules adopted hereunder and for the violation of any of the provisions of chapter 386. Notice of intent to impose such fine shall be given by the department to the alleged violator. Each day that a violation continues may constitute a separate violation.
(3) In determining the amount of fine to be imposed, if any, for a violation, the following factors shall be considered:
(a) The gravity of the violation and the extent to which the provisions of the applicable statutes or rules were violated.
(b) Actions taken by the operator to correct violations.
(c) Any previous violations.
(4) All amounts collected pursuant to this section shall be deposited into the Grants and Donations Trust Fund or into the County Health Department Trust Fund, whichever is applicable.
(5) Under conditions specified by rule, the department may close a public pool that is not in compliance with this chapter or the rules adopted under this chapter.