2017 Florida Statutes
506.502 Definitions.—For the purposes of ss. 506.501-506.519, the term:
(1) “Bakery container” means any permanent type of container which is used by a bakery, distributor, retailer, or food service establishment or the agent of any of them as a means to transport, store, or carry bakery products.
(2) “Dairy case” means a wire or plastic container which holds 16 quarts or more of beverage and is used by a distributor, retailer, or its agent as a means to transport, store, or carry dairy products.
(3) “Department” means the Department of State.
(4) “Egg basket” means any permanent type of container which contains four dozen or more shell eggs and is used by a distributor, retailer, or its agent as a means to transport, store, or carry eggs.
(5) “Laundry cart” means a basket which is mounted on wheels and used in a coin-operated laundry or drycleaning establishment by a customer or an attendant for the purpose of transporting laundry and laundry supplies.
(6) “Name or mark” means any permanently affixed or permanently stamped name or mark which has been registered with the Department of State pursuant to s. 506.503 and is used for the purpose of identifying the registered owner of dairy cases, egg baskets, poultry boxes, or bakery containers.
(7) “Parking area” means a lot or other property provided by a retail establishment for the use of customers to park automobiles or other vehicles while doing business in that establishment.
(8) “Poultry box” means any permanent type of container which is used by a processor, distributor, retailer, food service establishment, or its agent as a means to transport, store, or carry poultry.
(9) “Registered owner” means any person, firm, corporation, or association registered with the department as the owner of an identifying name or mark described in subsection (6).
(10) “Shopping cart” means a basket mounted on wheels or a similar device which is generally used in a retail establishment by a customer for the purpose of transporting goods of any kind.
History.—s. 1, ch. 83-262; s. 2, ch. 87-80.