2017 Florida Statutes
620.8101 Definitions.—As used in this act, the term:
(2) “Business” means any trade, occupation, profession, or investment activity.
(3) “Debtor in bankruptcy” means a person who is the subject of:
(a) An order for relief under Title 11, United States Code, or a comparable order under a successor statute of general application; or
(b) A comparable order under federal or state law governing insolvency.
(4) “Distribution” means a transfer of money or other property from a partnership to a partner in the partner’s capacity as a partner or to the partner’s transferee.
(5) “Foreign limited liability partnership” means a partnership that is formed under laws other than the laws of this state and has the status of a limited liability partnership under those laws.
(6) “Limited liability partnership” means a registered limited liability partnership registered under former ss. 620.78-620.789 immediately prior to the effective date of this act or a partnership that has filed a statement of qualification under s. 620.9001 and has not filed a similar statement in any other jurisdiction.
(7) “Partnership” means an association of two or more persons to carry on as coowners a business for profit formed under s. 620.8202, predecessor law, or the comparable law of another jurisdiction.
(8) “Partnership agreement” means an agreement, whether written, oral, or implied, among the partners concerning the partnership, including amendments to the partnership agreement.
(9) “Partnership at will” means a partnership in which the partners have not agreed to remain partners until the expiration of a definite term or the completion of a particular undertaking.
(10) “Partnership interest” or “partner’s interest in the partnership” means all of a partner’s interests in the partnership, including the partner’s transferable interest and all management and other rights.
(11) “Person” means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited partnership, association, joint venture, limited liability company, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(12) “Property” means all property, real, personal, or mixed, tangible or intangible, or any interest therein.
(13) “Registration” or “registration statement” means a partnership registration statement filed with the Department of State under s. 620.8105.
(14) “State” means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(15) “Statement” means a statement of partnership authority under s. 620.8303, a statement of denial under s. 620.8304, a statement of dissociation under s. 620.8704, a statement of dissolution under s. 620.8805, a statement of qualification under s. 620.9001, a statement of foreign qualification under s. 620.9102, or an amendment or cancellation of any of the foregoing.
(16) “Transfer” includes an assignment, conveyance, lease, mortgage, deed, or encumbrance.
History.—s. 13, ch. 95-242; s. 1, ch. 99-285; s. 42, ch. 2001-63; s. 79, ch. 2006-1; s. 12, ch. 2008-187.