2018 Florida Statutes
(1) A person may not establish or maintain a mobile home park, lodging park, recreational vehicle park, or recreational camp in this state without first obtaining a permit from the department. Such permit is not transferable from one place or person to another. Each permit must be renewed annually.
(2) The department may refuse a permit to, or refuse to renew the permit of, any park or camp that is not constructed or maintained in accordance with law and with the rules of the department.
(3) The department may suspend or revoke a permit issued to any person that operates or maintains such a park or camp if such person fails to comply with this chapter or the rules adopted by the department under this chapter.
(4) A permit for the operation of a park or camp may not be renewed or transferred if the permittee has an outstanding fine assessed pursuant to this chapter which is in final-order status and judicial reviews are exhausted, unless the transferee agrees to assume the outstanding fine.
(5) When a park or camp regulated under this chapter is sold or its ownership transferred, the transferee must apply for a permit to the department before the date of transfer. The applicant must provide the department with a copy of the recorded deed or lease agreement before the department may issue a permit to the applicant.
History.—s. 2, ch. 12419, 1927; CGL 4141; s. 1, ch. 19365, 1939; ss. 19, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 439, ch. 77-147; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 4, 14, 15, ch. 83-321; s. 7, ch. 84-182; ss. 4, 26, ch. 93-150.