2018 Florida Statutes
513.065 Enforcement; citations.—
(1) If the department reasonably believes that a permittee has committed a violation of this chapter which affects the public health, safety, or sanitation, then the department may serve a citation on the permittee for such violation. However, the department must have previously notified the permittee of the violation and the permittee must have failed to timely correct the violation. Citations issued under this section are proposed agency action.
(2) Citations shall be in writing and shall describe the particular violation, including a specific reference to the provision of this chapter or rule promulgated hereunder alleged to have been violated.
(3) The department may seek to impose a fine not to exceed $500 for each violation cited under this section. Each day a violation continues after an initial citation is issued is a separate violation for which a subsequent citation may be issued. However, if the initial citation is not upheld through an administrative hearing under chapter 120, any subsequent citation for the same violation is void.
(4) Citations shall contain a conspicuous written notice of the permittee’s right to request a hearing under chapter 120 within 21 days after the date of receiving the citation and shall contain a description of the procedures to be followed to request such a hearing. Citations shall contain a conspicuous statement that if the permittee fails to timely request an administrative hearing, the permittee may be deemed to have waived the right to an administrative hearing. The statement shall also warn that if the permittee does not request a hearing, the citation becomes final agency action and if the permittee fails to pay the fine within 60 days after the date of receiving the citation, the permittee will be required to pay the maximum fine or penalty.
(5) The department may reduce or waive any civil penalty initially sought to be imposed through a citation. In determining whether to reduce or waive a fine under this section, the department shall use the criteria in s. 513.055(2)(b).
(6) This section is an alternative means of enforcing this chapter. Nothing contained in this section prohibits the department from enforcing this chapter or the rules adopted thereunder by any other means permitted under this chapter. However, the department may only use a single enforcement procedure for any one violation.
(7) Citations issued under this section shall be served on the permittee or individual at the park or camp designated by the permittee except that service may be made by a department designee if designated by rule to effect such service.
History.—s. 13, ch. 93-150; s. 25, ch. 97-98.