CS/HB 97: Health Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Baxley ; Brandes ; Brodeur ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Drake ; Grant ; Horner ; Ingram ; McKeel ; Metz ; Perry ; Plakon ; Porter ; Precourt ; Renuart ; Smith ; Snyder ; Stargel ; Tobia ; Trujillo ; Van Zant ; Weatherford ; Weinstein
Health Insurance; Prohibits certain health insurance policies & health maintenance contracts from providing coverage for abortions; provides exceptions; defines term "state"; provides that certain restrictions on coverage for abortions apply to certain group health insurance policies issued or delivered outside state which provide coverage to residents of state; provides that certain restrictions on coverage for abortions apply to plans under Employee Health Care Access Act.
Last Action: 6/2/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-111
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to HHS Access Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 14
• Introduced -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee, 03/16/11, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 261
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 255
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 265
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/30/11, 10:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 4 -HJ 391
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 391
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/20/11, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 761
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 761
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 782
• Amendment(s) failed (131393, 482653) -HJ 782
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 810
• CS passed; YEAS 80 NAYS 37 -HJ 810
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 544
• Referred to Health Regulation; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 544
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 522
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1414 -SJ 522
• Read 2nd time -SJ 522
• Amendment(s) adopted (932516) -SJ 522
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 551
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 11 -SJ 551
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) failed (613545) -HJ 1147
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (932516) -HJ 1146, 1148
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 80 NAYS 35 -HJ 1148
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1148
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-111
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.