CS/SB 224: Local Government Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Dean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Local Government Accountability; Amends provisions relating to the Legislative Auditing Committee to clarify when the Department of Community Affairs may institute procedures for declaring that a special district is inactive. Specifies the level of detail required for each fund in the sheriff's proposed budget. Authorizes certain municipalities to levy and collect special assessments to fund special security and crime prevention services and facilities, etc.
Last Action: 6/18/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-144
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/25/11, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 117
• Introduced -SJ 26
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/14/11, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 470
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 474
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 628
• Read 3rd time -SJ 628
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 628
• Reconsidered -SJ 641, 644
• Amendment(s) adopted (768030) -SJ 644
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 644
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1007
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1006
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1066
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1126
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1127
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-144
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.