CS/SB 426: Service of Process
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Service of Process; Authorizes certified process servers to serve writs of possession in actions for possession of residential property. Authorizes a landlord to select a certified process server to serve a writ of possession. Requires a certified process server to provide notice of the posting of the writ to the sheriff.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Rules
Location: In committee/council (RC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/11, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 113
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/21/11, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/28/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Now in Rules -SJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/15/11, 9:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.