CS/CS/HB 517: Firearms
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Dorworth ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Baxley ; Broxson ; Caldwell ; Corcoran ; Gaetz ; Plakon ; Tobia ; Van Zant ; Workman
Firearms; Provides that person in compliance with terms of concealed carry license may openly carry handgun notwithstanding specified provisions; allows Division of Licensing of DACS to take fingerprints from concealed carry license applicants; provides that person may not openly carry handgun or carry concealed weapon or firearm into specified locations; provides that concealed carry licensees shall not be prohibited from carrying or storing firearm in vehicle for lawful purposes, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 234 (Ch. 2011-145) -HJ 1101
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 49
• Introduced -HJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/15/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 251
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 250
• Original reference(s) removed: Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 258
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/24/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -HJ 340
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 332
• Placed on Calendar
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 234 (Ch. 2011-145) -HJ 1101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.