CS/SJR 592: Veteran's Property Tax Discount
JOINT RESOLUTION by Budget ; Bennett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sachs ; Altman ; Richter ; Gaetz
Veteran's Property Tax Discount; Proposes amendments to the State Constitution to expand the availability of the property tax discount on the homesteads of veterans who became disabled as the result of a combat injury to veterans who were not Florida residents when they entered the military and to provide an effective date.
Location: Filed with Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Budget; Rules -SJ 51
• Introduced -SJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/17/11, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/28/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 299
• Now in Budget -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Budget; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 477
• Now in Rules -SJ 471
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 568
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 631
• Read 3rd time -SJ 632
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 632
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1011
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1010
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1066
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1127
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1128
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.