SB 700: Education
GENERAL BILL by Siplin
Education; Authorizes district school boards to adopt resolutions that allow prayers of invocation or benediction at secondary school events. Provides legislative intent. Provides for severability.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Rules
Location: In committee/council (RC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 57
• Introduced -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/30/11, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/05/11, 1:15 pm, 301 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/14/11, 9:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 469
• Withdrawn from Judiciary -SJ 725
• Now in Rules
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.