CS/HB 733: Tax on Sales, Use, and Other Transactions
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Porter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Boyd ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Davis ; Ford ; Fresen ; Frishe ; Gaetz ; Harrison ; Nunez ; O'Toole ; Pilon ; Rooney ; Williams, T. ; Wood
Tax on Sales, Use, and Other Transactions; Specifies period during this year when sale of clothing, wallets, bags, school supplies, & textbooks are exempt from tax; provides exceptions; authorizes DOR to adopt emergency rules; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $218,905.00
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 143 (Ch. 2011-76)
Location: In conference committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 63
• Introduced -HJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 03/30/11, 2:15 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• Referred to- Calendar -HJ 389
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 386
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/06/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 421
• Amendment(s) failed (419129) -HJ 421
• Amendment(s) ruled out of order (301581) -HJ 422
• Read 3rd time -HJ 422
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 422
• Immediately certified -HJ 425
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference. -HJ 425
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 451
• Referred to Budget -SJ 451
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 451
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/11 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 451
• Amendment(s) adopted (133410) -SJ 451
• Read 3rd time -SJ 451
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 2 -SJ 451
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -SJ 453
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Precourt (Chair), Bernard, Dorworth, Holder, Ray -HJ 778
• Conference Committee appointed: Senators Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair); Gaetz, Gardiner, Siplin, Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on FRS/Retirement: Ring (Chair), Benacquisto; Budget Conference Committee on Professional Deregulation: Hays (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on Governmental Reorganization: Gaetz (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on SEED Fund: Gaetz (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on State Employee Group Health Insurance: Negron (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Fasano (Chair), Bennett, Evers, Joyner, Sachs, Storms, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Bullard, Detert, Dockery, Montford, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Dean, Diaz de la Portilla, Jones, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Flores, Garcia, Norman, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Braynon, Oelrich, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Gaetz (Chair), Benacquisto, Bogdanoff, Hill, Latvala, Margolis, Smith -SJ 507
• Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 143 (Ch. 2011-76)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.