CS/SB 778: District School Board Membership
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 ; Diaz de la Portilla
District School Board Membership; Requires that district school boards consist of nine members in counties where the population exceeds a certain number. Provides for single-member and at-large districts. Requires nonpartisan elections. Provides for the election of a chair and vice chair of the school board. Provides for 4-year terms of office and staggered terms of members. Permits changes in the boundaries of school board member residence areas and provides the procedure for publication of those changes.
Last Action: 5/4/2011 Senate - Withdrawn from further consideration -SJ 786
Location: Withdrawn from consideration
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 61
• Introduced -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/14/11, 9:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections -SJ 471
• On Committee agenda-- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections, 04/26/11, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12 read 1st time -SJ 478
• Withdrawn from Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; Rules
• Withdrawn from further consideration -SJ 786
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.