CS/SB 822: Expert Testimony
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bogdanoff
Expert Testimony; Provides that a witness qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion as to the facts at issue in a case under certain circumstances. Requires the courts of this state to interpret and apply the principles of expert testimony in conformity with specified United States Supreme Court decisions, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Judiciary; Budget -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 65
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 204
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 204
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 210
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 03/17/11, 10:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 213
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 461
• Recalled from Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/26/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building--Not Received
• Withdrawn from- Rules -SJ 568
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 789
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/05/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/06/11
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.