CS/SB 926: Liability/Employers of Developmentally Disabled
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Storms
Liability/Employers of Developmentally Disabled; Provides that an employer, under certain circumstances, is not liable for the acts or omissions of an employee who is a person with a developmental disability. Provides that a supported employment service provider that provides or has provided supported employment services to a person with a developmental disability is not liable for the actions or conduct of the person occurring within the scope of the person's employment. Defines the terms "developmental disability" and "supported employment service provider." Provides for application of the act.
Last Action: 6/28/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-231
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 72
• Introduced -SJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/16/11, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 236
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 236
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 257
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/04/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Read 3rd time -SJ 599
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 599
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1013
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1013
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1034
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1113
• CS passed; YEAS 106 NAYS 11 -HJ 1113
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-231
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.