CS/CS/HB 935: Health Care Price Transparency
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee ; Corcoran ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Drake ; Grant
Health Care Price Transparency; Authorizes primary care provider to publish & post schedule of certain charges for medical services offered to patients; requires schedule to include certain information regarding medical services offered; provides that schedule may group provider's services by price levels & list services in each price level; provides exemption from license fee & continuing education requirements for provider who posts schedule of charges; requires primary care provider's estimates of charges for medical services to be consistent with posted schedule, etc.
Last Action: 6/2/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-122
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to HHS Access Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 81
• Introduced -HJ 81
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee, 03/23/11, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -HJ 326
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 322
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 339
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 339
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/13/11, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -HJ 660
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 671
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 657
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/20/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 710
• Read 3rd time -HJ 710
• CS passed; YEAS 107 NAYS 7 -HJ 711
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 617
• Referred to Health Regulation; Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; Budget -SJ 617
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; Budget -SJ 638
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1410 -SJ 638
• Read 2nd time -SJ 638, 698
• Amendment(s) adopted (322804) -SJ 698
• Read 3rd time -SJ 700
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 700
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (322804) -HJ 1140
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 106 NAYS 4 -HJ 1142
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1142
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-122
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.