CS/HB 1007: Insurer Insolvency
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Bernard ; Julien ; Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jones, M. ; Nelson
Insurer Insolvency; Amends provisions relating to Insurance Capital Build-Up Incentive Program; provides for renegotiation of surplus notes issued before specified date; revises surplus requirements for assuming insurers in connection with reinsurance credits; provides for rehabilitation plans for title insurers; provides for surcharges on title insurance policies to collect amount needed to cover assessment for insolvent insurer; authorizes DFS to request appointment as ancillary receiver if necessary for obtaining records to adjudicate covered claims, etc.
Last Action: 6/27/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-226, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 88
• Introduced -HJ 88
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/23/11, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 314
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 305
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 324
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 324
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/31/11, 12:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 399
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 946
• Amendment(s) adopted (642907, 970025) -HJ 946
• Read 3rd time -HJ 948
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 948
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 718
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget; Rules -SJ 718
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Budget; Rules -SJ 639
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1568 -SJ 639
• Read 2nd time -SJ 639
• Read 3rd time -SJ 639
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 639
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1004
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-226, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.