CS/HB 1021: Labor and Employment
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Dorworth ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Harrell ; Tobia ; Van Zant
Labor and Employment; Prohibits state agency from deducting from employee wages dues, uniform assessments, fines, penalties, or special assessments of employee organization or contributions made for purposes of political activity; prohibits county, municipality, or other local governmental entity from deducting from employee wages dues, uniform assessments, fines, penalties, or special assessments of employee organization or contributions made for purposes of political activity, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Community Affairs
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget (BC)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to State Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 89
• Introduced -HJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 03/10/11, 2:45 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by State Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 216
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 216
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 219
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/21/11, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 10 -HJ 266
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 266
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/24/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 289
• Amendment(s) ruled out of order (111085) -HJ 290
• Amendment(s) failed (933221) -HJ 290
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 318
• CS passed; YEAS 73 NAYS 40 -HJ 318
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 506
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget; Rules -SJ 506
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.