SB 1062: Veterans' Day
GENERAL BILL by Hill ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Altman ; Sachs
Veterans' Day; Requires school districts to observe Veterans' Day. Prohibits holding classes on that day and provides an exception. Requires the date of the Veterans' Day observance to correspond to the federal holiday.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Community Affairs
Location: In committee/council (CA)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Education Pre-K - 12; Community Affairs -SJ 79
• Introduced -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/17/11, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/14/11, 9:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 468
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.