HB 1247: Parental Notice of Abortion
GENERAL BILL by Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Ahern ; Albritton ; Baxley ; Brodeur ; Broxson ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Davis ; Grant ; Mayfield ; McKeel ; Metz ; Perry ; Plakon ; Porter ; Precourt ; Smith ; Van Zant ; Weatherford ; Weinstein ; Williams, T. ; Young
Parental Notice of Abortion; Revises definition of term "constructive notice"; revises notice requirements relating to termination of pregnancy of minor; provides exceptions to notice requirements; revises procedure for judicial waiver of notice; provides for minor to petition for hearing within specified time; provides that in hearing relating to waiving requirement for parental notice, court consider certain additional factors, including whether minor's decision to terminate her pregnancy was due to undue influence; provides procedure for appeal if judicial waiver of notice is not granted, etc.
Last Action: 6/27/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-227
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 112
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/21/11, 4:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 5 -HJ 273
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -HJ 618
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 618
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 783
• Amendment(s) adopted (271201) -HJ 783
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 810
• Passed as amended; YEAS 82 NAYS 35 -HJ 811
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 719
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 719
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 791
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 791
• Substituted for SB 1770
• Read 2nd time -SJ 792
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 853
• Passed; YEAS 26 NAYS 12 -SJ 853
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1218
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-227
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.